Certified Lawyer for Intellectual Property Law
At Marquardt Rechtsanwälte, the primary contact person for our clients in the field is Dr. Malte Marquardt, LL.M. (Edinburgh), in all areas of commercial and corporate law, business and contract law. He serves our clients as a reliable and experienced expert.
Malte began his career as a lawyer in 1996 and is founder of Marquardt Rechtsanwälte, heading the firm’s commercial law and trademark law team. Malte has extensive experience in his area of specialty and through various contractual negotiations, both in Germany and internationally.
He provides comprehensive advice in the context of business law, trade law, distribution law, restructuring existing distribution systems, including drafting contracts. Furthermore, Malte is a specialist in all questions related to selective distribution systems and distribution law. His particular focus lies in consulting and developing complete arrangements for innovative distribution structures.
Due to his postgraduate studies (LL.M.) at the University of Edinburgh/Scotland, his experience in an American law firm, at the German Embassy in Tokyo and with various international cases, Malte advises his clients in both German and English and negotiates contracts in both languages.
Malte advises his clients in all aspects of his areas of practice both in court as well as in out-of-court negotiations. Malte’s clients include numerous medium and large-sized German and international companies.
You can reach Malte by email under firstname.lastname@example.org
|1996||PhD (“Dr. jur.”) from the University of Tübingen|
|1994–1996||PhD Fellow at the University of Tübingen; Research assistant at the Humboldt University of Berlin; Chair of Civil Law at the University of Potsdam|
|1992–1993||Master studies at the University of Edinburgh, specializing in Business and Contract Law, Thesis on International Arbitration, LL.M. (Master of Laws), graduated with distinction|
|1989–1992||Law studies at the University of Bonn|
|1989||Summer course: Law studies at the University of Strasbourg, France|
|1988–1989||Law studies at the University of Geneva, Switzerland|
|1986–1989||Law studies at the University of Bonn with a focus on commercial and corporate law|
|2007||Certified lawyer for intellectual property rights and trademark law|
|1996||Admission to the Bar, Berlin|
|1995||German Embassy in Tokyo, Internship for the Federal Foreign Office|
|1994–1995||Trainee lawyer at the Berlin Court of Appeal (Kammergericht)|
|1995||Internship at CMS Hasche Sigle, Lawyers, Berlin|
|1989||Internship at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP – Attorneys and Counsellors at Law, Columbia, South Carolina|
|1988||Internship at the Federal Ministry for Transport, Bonn|
|1984–1986||German Navy, member of the speedboat flotilla|
- Berlin Bar Association
- German Society for Distribution Law
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Association of Berlin Merchants and Industrialists (VBKI)
- German-Swiss Lawyers Association
- 2006-present: Vice-Chairman of the Specialist Bar Committee for Intellectual Property and Trademark Law of the Berlin Bar Association
- 2004–2006: Member of the Board of the Berlin Bar Association
- 2003–2006: Founding member of the Representatives’ Meeting of the Berlin Lawyers’ Pension Fund (public corporation)
- 2001–present: Knight of Honor in the Knightly Order of St. John of Jerusalem Hospital
- Mercedes Benz R/C 107 SL-Club Germany
- “BMW and New Dealer Agreements: Termination of a Sector,” online www.anwalt.de, 28.09.2018. („BMW und neue Händlerverträge: Kündigung einer Branche“, online www.anwalt.de, 28.09.2018)
- “Brexit – What It Means for EU Brands and the European Community Design,” online www.anwalt.de, 30.06.2016. („Brexit – was bedeutet das für EU-Marken und Europäische Gemeinschaftsgeschmacksmuster“, online www.anwalt.de, 30.06.2016)
- Co-author in: Wandtke/Bullinger, Legal Commentary on Copyright Law, 1st Edition 2002, 2nd Edition 2006, 3rd Edition 2009, 4th Edition 2014, Beck Verlag, Munich. (Co-Author in: Wandtke/Bullinger, Praxiskommentar zum Urheberrecht, 1. Auflage 2002, 2. Auflage 2006, 3. Auflage 2009, 4. Auflage 2014, Beck Verlag, München
- “The Legal Nature of Presidential Distribution-of-Business Plans According to § 21e GVG and Judicial Protection of the Judge,” 1996. („Die Rechtsnatur präsidialer Geschäftsverteilungspläne gemäß § 21e GVG und der Rechtsschutz des Richters“, 1996)